See you later, Friend....

We recently lost a friend in a tragic turn of events. Now, you know that phrase, "You never know what you have until it's gone." Well, I believe some know, and some find out after. I have to say, I had no idea about the grand presence I was in until after ALL the testimony at the funeral. I always knew he was wonderful... but the extent was lost on me till now.

Not only was our friend a great man of God, but a devoted father and adoring husband. He's the kind of man who walked the walk even better than he talked the talk.... which is saying a lot. Many more were added to the kingdom of God because of this man. There are two men who carry his legacy and will probably raise up men like him. There's a woman out there who knows how to be a Godly woman, and who knows how to love her husband because of the example her father was. The wife... well, she deserves her own paragraph!

Our friend's wife.. who is also a friend... is amazing. While mourning the loss of her husband here on Earth, she was glorifying God for the chance to see him again in Heaven! She did everything to keep her husband's dignity, integrity, and reputation in tact. She hugged people, and while they loved on her, she loved on them back... knowing that we've all lost something here. I know she'll be hurting for a long time, but the love and grace of God is carrying her... you can see it.

I love our friend, and his family... while I no longer "mourn" his loss, cause he is living with a perfect body without pain, I grieve for his family and the turn their lives have taken. I know they'll pull through though... cause they had a man in their lives that taught how to live as Christ. See you later, Friend! We love you!

Philipians 4:4-7

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Comments

  1. Thanks, Cheller.... I always worry that things won't come out the way they are in my head... this one fell a little short, but I think I got it all out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to our home!

Reflections