Workin for a Livin..

Since I'm working on recognizing answers to prayer, I should share this one. It's been about a week, so sharing is a little overdue.

I've been praying for a job. I mean, I've had a job, and I loved my job, but it's seasonal. There's also the issue of daycare for Owen. I wouldn't bring home anything helpful if I put Owen in a daycare. So I've been praying for a job that would work with my schedule at home.

I've applied to SO MANY places that have evening hours, or things I could do from home. In a moment of desperation, and late night sleep deprivation, I applied to Walmart. While I've been waiting on a response from a specific application, I just kept searching and praying.  I know God wouldn't bring us all the way here to let us fail, right? Not when he called us to be here... he has a plan.

One night, I was lamenting to Jon, and wracking my brain for new ideas, and he piped up.. "why don't you check out Lakeshirts in DL?" First off, we love the shirts from this place. They tend to be soft, comfy, and a favorite. Blue 84 is the label.. you might have one. Either way.. Detroit Lakes is 45ish minutes away, and so the pay would have to be right, and the hours needed to work for us.

I applied on Friday, and I got a text on Monday for a tour. Jon took that day off already, so I scurried in and had the tour/interview. I loved everything they stood for, and it didn't seem like any of the workers were dead inside... felt like a good sign.  Since I couldn't choose which section I'd want to work in, I was scheduled for another interview, but with the supervisors of the two sections I'd be up for.  They both seemed eager for me to work in their department, which was encouraging. I thought I had come off as a goof in my first interview.

While this long process of praying, and applying has come to a close.. a whole new concern crept up in my mind.  What if I disappoint?

Now.. I know God has allowed discomfort in my life. Plenty, though far less than MANY, MANY others. God has used circumstances to teach me lessons, or to grow me in ways I couldn't have, otherwise. When He brings something to me, it's not His pattern to leave me to my own devices.  I know that He made me to learn, He made me to bring Him glory.. and I can do that by doing this job to my very best ability, and allowing Him to make that best better.

After the tour, and the following interviews, I was so excited about this job. I can't say the tagging or QC was the exciting part, but the relief it can bring our little crew! The KNOWING that this was an answer to my prayers. From the way that Jon mentioned it, to the swiftness of their responses, and the lack of waiting for me to start.  It all feels like God, and not just me scrambling for something.  I start my job today!

And Owen?! He will have quality time with his sisters and then Daddy. Owen loves his sisters, and he's ALL ABOUT his daddy!  I'll miss my girls, and my guys... but for this season in life, I'll be working evenings.  I'll pray, now, that I can be a light. That God will use this time away from my family to grow me toward Him, and that my little family will benefit from my work. Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Gifter

Welcome to our World

Reflections