What to do, what to do...

Have you ever had a friend, or a family member who had a spouse that you liked at first, but started to resent? For any real number of reasons, but tried not to say anything about it so as not to seem rude, prying, pushy, or divisive?

This has happened to myself more than I'd like to admit. With friends AND family. Things start out fine, but then things don't go quite right.. and then your loved one is in some sort of abusive or neglectful relationship/marriage. My heart breaks.

I hate feeling like I shouldn't butt in, but if I don't things won't get better.. even if they don't get worse. I don't want to be "that friend" to the spouse, I fear that would actually make the spouse try to alienate me... which would be harmful to my relationships. Really, my main goal, is to encourage my friend/family member to be happy. I want them to be as happy as I am. We're poor, and probably going to be more so next year, but we love eachother and have faith that God will carry us through. I don't see that in my friend/family member.... I see sadness, and tiredness, and defeat. Not the person I knew before. How do I encourage this person without putting myself as the offensive player? Please, God, speak to my heart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to our home!

Reflections

See you later, Friend....