Here's what happened...

So.. my testimony is kind of a multi-leveled story. It's long, and not really boring, but not really a "wow! who knew?!" kind of story. It seems a little uninteresting to me.. but I lived it. If I'm going to live more obediently, and revel in God's answered prayers.. why not tell the story(ies) of ultimate answers?!

When I "asked Jesus into my heart", I was 7. I knew what I was choosing, and I was excited! I was baptized, and I was the daughter of a deacon. Not quite a preacher's kid, but close enough. I didn't have a lot of rebellious tendencies, and I had a decently quiet teen-hood. Boring, in the way of stories.

When I went to college, rather, when I moved away to live on my own. I wasn't overtly rebellious with my religion/beliefs.. I just didn't want to find a church. That, and I chose to "live in sin" rather than live near the boyfriend of my friend. That only lasted a little while since my (AMAZING) parents pleaded with me to change course, and attend a group on the college campus. I thought about it, but found reasons not to go.

 I had finally decided to attend that group this week, so I was borrowing the ex-boyfriend's car to go. I had to stop at my apartment for SOMETHING, I can't recall. When I was walking to the stairway, I tripped on nothing, and hurt both knees, and my hands. Maybe an elbow as well... anyways. That would have kept me home, except I climbed to the second floor to find out my keys were not on me. So.. I went to the group with bloody knees under my jeans, and cleaned up my hands in the bathroom. I ALSO decided to join the group, last minute, for their annual camp.  It was great Bible Study, and learning. I'll forever remember it! While I was at camp, I figured it was time to touch base with my parents, so I gave them a call... and they were at some meeting, or conference... and apparently they didn't KNOW I was going. I guess I had forgotten to tell them. My bad. So, I made my dad cry(happy) in a parking lot. Good times. Answered Prayers.

Now.. I was a supervisor at Pizza Hut (classy!) and I had to send a coworker home for losing his mind in front of a customer. One day, all 4 of my tires were slashed. There's no conclusive proof.. but the other cars on the street were fine... whatever.

Later that week, I was at home alone, some random day off; and a boy showed up, looking for my friend's boyfriend. I sent him away with direction of where the guy could be found, and went back to my tasks. When he came back, he asked for a ride to the location, and I let him in. He had other plans, and assaulted me. It was bad, but I mentally crawled to Jesus, and even though my body was not safe, my soul and mind were. The boy, then, made me drive him to the bank, and give him ALL my $300.. and drop him off at his car. Instead of "keeping quiet" like he'd told me to do, I went to one of the leaders of the college group, and she helped me contact the police, and gave me a safe place to stay that night. She was my secret angel! I realize, NOW, how amazing she was. She had to find someone to watch her 2 small children while she helped me. She was a VERY tangible answer to prayer.

Now, this story will NEVER be a "me too" story. I am NOT a victim. I am a victor! Not only did Jesus hold me close during that situation, but he gave me closure. That guy is locked up, and will stay there for decades. I've been able to look back for 16 years and see how my life has changed. Something like this changes people, no matter how they wish it wouldn't.. but I didn't let it take root. I saw the violence. I saw the ugly. I knew what it could do, and what it WOULD do, if I let it. But I also saw the answered prayers... Even if others can't. So, I figure... why would God only care for me then, and not now? He wouldn't bring me out of that canyon, only to abandon me in this one, right?! The answer is, of course not!

If God cares about a peanut phone, surely He cares about THIS... right?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to our World

Mystery Gifter

Reflections