Obedience...

I went to bed ridiculously late. I knew it was a bad idea... I knew I would have a baby to care for in the morning. I just really wanted to get these photos edited so I could send them. Then the computer disk space was full, and I couldn't just finish my task. I spent so much time just researching, and deleting, and uploading files to the internet, and not getting anywhere. What a waste. To stay up that late, and only be halfway done.. if that.

2am.. that's what time I laid down in my bed. 4:40 is when I got up to help Jon with some things to get out the door, since he woke up late.. and 8:50 is when I finally gave in to my kicky baby boy. He wasn't nursing to sleep like he normally would. He was kicking me, and giggling, and babbling. SO SUPER CUTE.. but I was still sleepy. It occurred to me, I might need to get up, and do my journaling.

I've started doing a prayer journal.. much like catching up on my blog has been a weird sort of obedience, so is the journal. I felt the nudge, it was reinforced in a sermon, and so I started. I started the day that I was stepping out in faith, and freaking out. I realized that it can't be "God helps those who help themselves"... but "God can do more with someone who will move when He says to move". I need to be not just willing to move, but obedient to the moving.. and then, also to the wait.

So; my super sweet, giggly baby. He was kicking up a storm in my bed, and he was giggling and talking to me while I journaled and prayed. Right now? Sleeping. He's fast asleep on the couch beside me, in his blanket and me in my sweatshirt... not holding him. Not nursing him. He just went to sleep. I guess God wanted me up.. surely He'll supply the strength, and patience, and grace, and mercy... I'll just praise Him through it. Good Morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Gifter

Welcome to our World

Reflections