A new beginning...

I see it's been 4ish years since I last posted anything. I'm never sure if anyone wants to hear/read what I have to say/write... but Kera seemed interested when she found out I have a blog.. so really, what have I to lose? Nothing. I might have something to gain though, so I'll carry on.

Anyways, there have been many changes in our lives since my last post.. this will be a catch up.
In 2015, we took a trip that took lots of planning, and saving. A real family trip. Jon had told me, on many occasions, about spending a week at the lake in Minnesota once a year. It always sounded like fun... and like nothing I could relate to. He wanted the girls to experience it, at least once; and they seemed like the right age to make it happen. So he set that goal, and we met it. We were able to get a cabin at the same lake, in the same week as his parents. We made plans to see other touristy things along the way. JUST to make it a REAL family trip. We spent 15 days on vacation. Drove 5218 miles. Went through 12 States. Took 7812 photos.. with the camera.. if you count phone pics, it may have been WAY more. We visited 3 National Parks, 1 State Park, and 5 lives were forever changed. I had my mind blown by the amount of green, and water, and how dark the dirt was. It seemed silly how SHOCKED I felt. It was a major change from the places I had seen, and visited before. As I stood beside the vehicle, loading up to leave the lake... I told Jon I can't leave. That I needed to stay. He chalked it up to having a wonderful vacation, and that everyone feels that way. I told him, no... I CAN'T leave. We spent the many miles after that week, dreaming, and scheming together. I convinced him that I am, TRULY, wanting to move.

When we arrived back in Nevada, the planning started. I had to convince friends, and family that I was taking my little family away from the place I've known for 30 some odd years, and moving them to a foreign land. I was ready to Ruth it up. I was told I couldn't move until I visited the Winter. So Jon and I spent our anniversary in Minneapolis, and drove 3 hours to attend a church we found online at the Village Missions site. Fell in love with the church, fell in love with the snow.. and fell deeper in love with the state. I don't think that shook out the way our Nevada church thought it would.

Nearly 1 year after our family vacation, we were on the road with a Uhaul, and a Jeep. Almost all of our possessions packed up in boxes and bins. We had the AMAZING blessing to spend almost a year at the very lake that changed our lives. Our first Autumn, Winter and Spring were spent at that lake, thanks to the fantastic proprietors. Forever the finest people, who helped us realize our dream of moving up here.

In reflection on such a bold move; Jon and I felt it was God's prodding. Jon has said he was ready to put down roots and stay in Nevada, since I had always said it's where I belonged. As soon as he saw I was ready to uproot, and move away, he was all over it. He said the trip was really to give the girls a new experience, and he never expected my experiences to over shadow the girls'. The life that was ultimately changed the most, was mine. The changes weren't about the stop, either. I was so far out of my comfort zone, that I had to learn how to meet people again.. finding a job, joining a church, making new friends. All because God provided the opportunity to vacation as a family! Thank you, Jesus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to our World

Mystery Gifter

Reflections