Answers to Prayer...


I know! 2 posts in one day?! What is HAPPENING?! I couldn't make THIS post part of the LAST post. While they are connected, they're different stories.

After Miya was born.. I decided I wanted one more. Jon did NOT.. since we were already 3 kids deep into the feminine life.. he was already feeling outnumbered, and not a fan of the idea of being SO surrounded. So we prevented. 

In the time from then till now, God answered prayers. All kinds of prayers... some so small, I can't even remember the prayers, and others that were big at the time. Some public, some personal. All that time, I prayed for a change of heart for Jon, and a baby for me. I thought those two should go together. I wasn't going to get pregnant without Jon's consent, since that's what counseling fights are made of. Fast forward 10ish years.. We moved to a new state, lived at a lake, moved from the lake into a home that is closer to work for Jon, and LOADS closer to the church and friends. Lots of new friends, experiences, and jobs. 

There came a time when I needed to change up our prevention. Expiration, and body systems being angry... it was time to change. So, I took care of my end, and got a card for Jon to take care of his end, if he wanted to prevent, further. Well, we had some sort of "gift of the magi" moment.. He didn't jump on it, cause he knew I wanted another, and I was scared cause I knew he didn't... neither wanted the other to resent them. Ridiculous. Either way.. we got pregnant! I was scared to tell Jon, though I did. He took a couple days to process and reorganize what he had been planning for our future... then he was excited. 

First things first.. telling the girls! That was FUN! Second, telling the family. My sister got "sister-perks", sorry Mom. Then our parents found out when we sent them a sweet gift with photos of ALL their grands, except one. HA! Talk about surprise! So.. then I just always called the baby Button.. but I knew in my heart we were having a boy. God wouldn't make me wait and pray all these years for a baby boy, and give me a girl.. right?  

When we found out we were, indeed, having a boy.. I was BUSTING AT THE SEAMS! I knew it, and I was telling everyone I could, that I was right, and that God answers prayers. Now... I also had MANY ultrasounds, due to my age.. whatever.. but I always had them check. Yep.. definitely a boy. 

When he arrived, my girls were with me. He was even MORE perfect than we could have asked for. The sweetest, happiest, kickin-est, BOY we could have ever had. We KNOW we are blessed beyond our fair amount, and we couldn't be more thankful. 3 beautiful, creative, and sweet girls.. and now a sweet, and happy boy. He sleeps better than most, he smiles at people who talk to him, and he's ready to GO... where, he's not sure.. but he has a feeling he should be there.

 He's not just an answer to MY prayers.. but Kera's. She's been asking for another sibling for years.. particularly a brother. I'm not sure why, but she has. All 3 of the girls have enjoyed watching my belly grow, and learning about how he was developing, and now how he smiles and reacts to them when they play or talk with him. Or the way he snuggles them when he's sleepy and they help me out by walking him. He's been such a blessing to ALL of us. Even when he's sitting beside me, fussing cause he wants to go back to sleep.. but Mama is typing things out. Silly boy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Gifter

Welcome to our World

Reflections